Why Blog?

I have always admired those who take time to offer thoughts and advice through blogging. And I have learned so much through their words and have often been encouraged. With three girls, working on the family dairy farm, a passion for youth ministry, I find it difficult to find something just for me. I have had a journal for all of my adult life, and find writing very therapeutic, so why not. I don't know if my words will have an impact on anyone, or teach anyone anything. But I will be satisfied knowing that I am taking some time out for me. This is my great escape.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

No such thing...

I always have this desire to do things perfectly. I like this about me most of the time, challenging myself to give it my all, to stay focused and do it (whatever it may be) well. But, as shocking as this may sound, I am not perfect. The way I parent isn't always perfect, the things that I say aren't always perfect, they way I act isn't always perfect, the way I lead isn't always perfect. I'm not always the perfect wife, or daughter or sister or friend. I am definately NOT a perfect housekeeper.

There has only ever been 1...ONE person before me that lived a perfect life. Jesus. And as a follower of Him, I live, and breath, and serve and strive to be more like Him. I choose to keep a positive attitude (Which I am not always perfect at) I choose to be optimistic (Which I am not always perfect at) I choose to see the best in people (Which I am not always perfect at)

I thank God that he is perfect, and that He sent His son so that we could see how we should live our life. I will never be perfect, but I can serve, worship and love a perfect God. And God directs, supports, helps, forgives and loves me perfectly, Inspite of my imperfections. There is no such thing as perfect people!!


Never let 'em see you when you're breaking
Never let 'em see you when you fall
That's how we live and that's how we try
Tell the world you've got it all together
Never let them see what's underneath
Cover it up with a crooked smile
But it only lasts for a little while
[CHORUS:]
There's no such thing as perfect people
There's no such thing as a perfect life
So come as you are, broken and scarred
Lift up your heart and be amazed
And be changed by a perfect God
 
Suddenly it's like a weight is lifted
When you hear the words that you are loved
He knows where you are and where you've been
And you never have to go there again
[CHORUS]
 
Who lived and died to give new life
To heal our imperfections
So look up and see love. Let grace be enough
[CHORUS]
 
By a perfect God [5x]
 
Be changed by a perfect God

Be changed






2 comments:

  1. Amy you are everything a Mum and a Dad would want in a daughter. You are always there for the ones you love and in my eyes you are the best DAUGHTER a Mamma could have ever dreamed of. I am glad you are ours.
    Love you Amy Kins xxxx

    ReplyDelete