Why Blog?

I have always admired those who take time to offer thoughts and advice through blogging. And I have learned so much through their words and have often been encouraged. With three girls, working on the family dairy farm, a passion for youth ministry, I find it difficult to find something just for me. I have had a journal for all of my adult life, and find writing very therapeutic, so why not. I don't know if my words will have an impact on anyone, or teach anyone anything. But I will be satisfied knowing that I am taking some time out for me. This is my great escape.

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Saddest Day...

Life is often so busy and so complicated and usually all brought on by ourselves. Sometimes it seems that the more kids you have the more complicated it is. The higher up the "ladder" in your career the more complicated it is. The more things you are involved in the more complicated it is. 

God sent Jesus to us, and he walked amoung people not a whole lot different then we are. After all, they were sinners....and I am pretty sure we all are too. He was tempted and challanged and He taught through it all. Today we are still learning about His journey here on earth, as short as it was.

Today in church the pastor talked about the Words of Jesus, particularily the Words he spoke on the cross. Jesus taught many things, forgiveness being one of them. And interestingly enough how in the last moments of Jesus' life, the thing that he taught about forgiveness he modelled even more beautifully. After many hours of pure torture; from brutal beatings, to His crown of thorns, to carrying His cross.... one of the last things He says is "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34) He could have been there, hanging by nails, bleeding, and so exhausted and turn on the people, He was a perfect man dying a criminals death, yet he asked for the Father to forgive the sins of the people. He died, and took away our sins. My sins.

Life is complicated. If you are seeking for it to be a little clearer, or want to know more of your purpose in life, the answer isn't all that complicated. Believe. Believe that God sent his Son Jesus. He lived and taught us the way we should live. He died on the cross out of love for all the people that were, are, and yet to be. I am so glad that the story doesn't end there. As I saw on a facebook status today, "The saddest day is almost over, the greatest day is yet to come." ~J.H. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy, So true! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Amy. Thank you and I wish you and your family a very blessed Easter! Pam

    ReplyDelete