Why Blog?

I have always admired those who take time to offer thoughts and advice through blogging. And I have learned so much through their words and have often been encouraged. With three girls, working on the family dairy farm, a passion for youth ministry, I find it difficult to find something just for me. I have had a journal for all of my adult life, and find writing very therapeutic, so why not. I don't know if my words will have an impact on anyone, or teach anyone anything. But I will be satisfied knowing that I am taking some time out for me. This is my great escape.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Last Day....

It's my last day. Really. I can hardly believe that after today I won't have any other kids on a daily basis other then my own. Seems weird and I don't think that it will fully kick in for a few weeks. So for this post, I am gonna reminisce on some of the greatness of the past 4 years.

1. dancing with the kiddies (mostly like I fool)
2. hearing them giggle at my sillyness (we heard LOTS of giggling)
3. comforting them in their time of sorrow (like when they can't find the last piece to their puzzle)
4. serving them (like a mom, friend, and Christ follower)
5. teaching them how to share and participate in all things together (even cleaning!)
6. listening to them play together (and fight together....and hear them solve the problem themselves in non-violent ways)
7. seeing their face light up when I make their favorite snack/lunch (kids love when you make food just for them)
8. being showered with hugs and cuddles (enough said)
9. their endless questions about everything great or small (from why are you making that to why did Jesus die on the cross)
10. the thing I will miss the most is just knowing them. These kids come in my house and I am a stranger. It takes time for them to get comfortable to bring their sorrows to me, laugh and dance like no one is watching, some don't talk, and then they don't stop, they tell me stories and color me pictures, they run with open arms into mine and tell me they love me, I'll miss watching them overcome fears and seeing them grow up even more then they have in the short time that they have been here.

In my experience in doing this I have gained even more patience, I have learned to love even more, I have become a better parent and wife, I have learned that all you do and go through is all apart of God's plan and to just go with it. And I'll admit, sometimes I wore sweat pants, had no make-up on and had messy hair (Ok 98% of the time this is how it is) but the kids didn't care they accepted me as I was and we had a blast! These kids will hold a special part of my heart forever!

A great thing is that I still get to do all these things with my own kids! And cherish them even more!

Aren't kids such a great blessing?

No comments:

Post a Comment