Why Blog?

I have always admired those who take time to offer thoughts and advice through blogging. And I have learned so much through their words and have often been encouraged. With three girls, working on the family dairy farm, a passion for youth ministry, I find it difficult to find something just for me. I have had a journal for all of my adult life, and find writing very therapeutic, so why not. I don't know if my words will have an impact on anyone, or teach anyone anything. But I will be satisfied knowing that I am taking some time out for me. This is my great escape.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Choose life....

I have been very hesitant about starting a blog, I am not sure really why. Maybe because I feel like I have nothing of great importance to share, or if I should take the time to share at all. But I have decided to toss those feelings aside, and give it a try. :) Why not?

I am a youth leader at my church, (my most favorite thing EVER!) and last night we had a great meeting. Another leader had prepared a lesson, and at the last moment, felt God telling her that she should go a different route (my most favorite types of devotions) All I can say is wow. The topic was suicide. How people truly feel like death is the only answer to their pain and suffering. I'll admit, I often don't understand this struggle that many people have, and I count my blessings that I don't struggle with the question whether to live or die. The scripture that we found to share with the kids is found in John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

The thief, the enemy, is here for us. Aren't you glad that there is someone stronger then him? Someone who loves us? Someone who gave His life, so we could choose to live?  I sure am.

In these cold winter days (definately NOT my most favorite season) many people find themselves feeling blue, and the enemy is quickly there whispering lies in all our ears. Remember that Jesus came to give us life, and so that we could have it to the full...even in the freezing cold winter.

(kinda deep for a first post....this will lighten it a bit, the kids are watching cartoons, or so I thought. Savannah just came to me in tears. She has a comb stuck in her hair... Life with girls is never dull :) )

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6 

1 comment:

  1. Love this one... Heavy yes, true yes, uplifting and strengthening yes. Honesty is the best policy, if you don't talk about the heavy things they still exist and have more power. Fight for others with scripture (as you are in this blog) and God will fight with you.

    ReplyDelete